How old are you?
Which language do you prefer for answering the questions – Kazakh or Russian?
What is your ethnicity?
Please tell me, do you live in a city or a rural area?
What region/province is it?
1. Tell me, please, where do you most often receive news about events in the country? Choose 2 main sources
* The amount is not equal to 100% as the respondents could choose several options.
2. How often are you interested in political events in the life of the country?
3. The January events that took place at the beginning of this year are interpreted differently in society. Which of the following definitions do you think best describes what happened?
How do you feel when you remember the January events?
5.1. Forceful dispersal of mass protests in several cities of the country
5.2. The entry of the CSTO troops
5.3. The order to shoot to kill and without warning
5.4. Torture against detainees
5.5. Appearance of some akims to the protesters for negotiations
5.6. Internet shutdown nationwide during events
6. During the January events, more than 230 people died. Which of the parties, in your opinion, is more responsible for the tragic outcome of the January events?
7. Do you personally trust or do not trust the information disseminated by official sources following the investigation of the January events?
8. After the January events, President K. Tokayev announced the construction of New Kazakhstan. Do you personally feel any changes over the past year in the governance of the country?
9. In your opinion, what is the likelihood of a repetition of the January events in Kazakhstan in the next 1 or 2 years?